The latter also admitted that Mr. Khashoggi, between MBS and exiled to the United States from 2017, had been drugged and dismembered in the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul on 2 October. The remains of the editorial of the Washington Post were then handed to an agent outside the Consulate.
The Deputy Head of the Saudi services, general Ahmed Al-Assiri, had ordered to bring back willingly or by force Khashoggi. But the head of the team of “negotiators” dispatched gave the order to kill him, said Mr. Al-Shaalan during this press conference.
Turkey disputes the Saudi version
France considers that this investigation by the Saudi general prosecutor and the referral to the justice of the 18 arrested, ‘going in the right direction.’ But this version given by the Prosecutor’s Office Saudi convinces not Turkey. “All these measures are certainly positive, but they are also insufficient,” said the head of Turkish diplomacy, Mevlut Cavusoglu, adding that he had “not been satisfied” by some of the explanations advanced Thursday by the Saudi Justice.
“Told us [Khashoggi] was killed because he would have objected to getting him back to his country. But, in reality, this murder, as we have already said, was planned. The dismemberment of the body was not spontaneous. They had first brought people and the tools to do it. In other words, they had already planned how they would kill and how they découperaient. »
“Do not that this case is closed in this way, continued Mr. Cavusoglu.» We will do everything we can to shed light on all aspects of this murder. »
Turkey also asked Wednesday the opening of an international investigation, which Riyadh has refused. “It’s something that is rejected,” said Thursday the Minister of Foreign Affairs Saudi, Adel Al-Jubeir, at a press conference, recalling that the Saudi Kingdom had an investigative body.